- Never underestimate your opponent.
- Work on your weaknesses until they become your strong points.
- Remember that a great effort is usually the result of a great attitude.
- Dedicate yourself to a mighty purpose.
- Win with humility; lose with grace.
- Ignore those who discourage you.
- Work to improve your moral and spiritual strengths as well as your physical ones.
- Remember that how you conduct yourself off the field is just as important as how you conduct yourself on the field.
- Talent is God-given — be humble. Fame is man-given — be thankful. Conceit is self-given — be careful.
- Don’t ask to be deprived of tension and discipline — these are the tools that shape success.
- Do what has to be done, when it has to be done, as well as it can be done.
- Remember when you’re not working to improve, your competition is.
- ALWAYS GIVE YOUR BEST.
- PRACTICE LIKE A CHAMPION!
- PLAY LIKE A CHAMPION!
- LIVE LIKE A CHAMPION!
— H. Jackson Brown