This is used and adapted from Coach Greg Brown’s blog: http://ucfwbbthoughts.blogspot.com . He is an assistant women’s basketball coach at University of Central Florida. You should check out his blog on a regular basis – it is FULL of awesome nuggets to improve your leadership in sports AND life!!
Thanks, Coach Brown!!
There’s one truth I know–Where you find success, you find discipline [AND disciplined leaders]. To maintain and sustain success, one’s discipline must continue to grow and develop. [“an undisciplined leader who cannot lead himself can NEVER lead others” – Coach O]
Here are more thoughts from Coach Don Meyer on DISCIPLINE:
• Make the right choice
• Do the right thing for the right reason.
• Bad choices destroy discipline.
• Do the right thing and do it right.
• Do the next right thing right.
• Motivation vs Manipulation. Manipulate–making someone else do something for you. Motivation–making someone do something for themselves.
• When you do the next right thing right, you are as close to perfect as possible.
• Discipline yourself so others won’t have to.
• Must be able to trust you with the smallest of things in order to trust you with the largest of things.
**** Note from Coach O: I don’t know about YOU, but after reading this again – I need to work on some areas of my self-discipline!!!
“Live like a Champion today!!”